Confessions of a Ferrari salesman

Bastan a few minutes of conversation with Julio De Marco, president of Modena Auto Sport for all the world begins to call "Don Julio". Beyond being a man of fortune and live surrounded by some of the most powerful people in the country, De Marco wins the family name of respect based on their style hearty and almost childlike wonder, typical of those who still can not believe work she was in luck. Sitting in a chair and microphone in hand, last Tuesday was muted Don Julio to an audience of nearly 200 people at the University of Palermo, where he told some anecdotes of his duties as a representative of Ferrari, Maserati, Bell helicopters, motorcycles and boats Cagiva Riva in Argentina.

Then Argentina Auto Blog presents exclusive pins a few paragraphs:

The mystique of Ferrari: "I never worked for a brand that generated so much pride in their employees. Buy Ferrari for over ten years and I'm surprised with the passion of the workers every time they travel to Maranello. Unlike other auto plants, workers do not change clothes to return to their homes. Walk around with pride to wear the Mameluke Cavallino in the heart. That is why these cars are so good because they are made with love. "

The target of Ferrari: "I wonder what kind of person buys a Ferrari and the truth is that there is no target set. Of course, you must be at least 300 thousand dollars in the bank, but it is not just to buy a car business or sports or celebrities. I have customers who bought a Ferrari as a fifth car for his garage and used only on weekends. But I also have a client who is an ordinary kind. Has no fortune. It works and there like any normal person. He lives in an apartment of two rooms and instead of buying a house he bought a Ferrari. Handles all the day to go to work. His dream was to have a Ferrari and turned, leaving everything behind. " Sales in Argentina: "In Argentina there must be a Ferrari 180, counting the new and classic. Over the past eight years we sold only 60 cars. The bulk of Ferrari in Buenos Aires and most of them are in the Zona Norte, but also sold in a Jujuy. The owner is an agricultural producer who lives in a rural village. All May 25, when firefighters parade and students of colleges, he was invited to close the festival parade with his Ferrari. I sent him a picture to the people of Maranello and could not believe it. "

The return of proof: "In time we learned to identify when a client comes only when you browse or comes with serious intentions. So we have two different rounds of testing. For the undecided we see, the drive took me along Avenida Figueroa Alcorta and when I went to Lugones banquina in the car, and you move the steering wheel let you drive to the junction with Avenida Sarmiento. That took the wheel again and back to Modena. If the client has more serious intentions, we make a circuit that includes the Camino del Buen Ayre. After doing the short tour with a customer and told me: 'Enough, you do not need anything more, I buy. "Then I suggested going to the Buen Ayre, and I replied:' You're crazy! Let's see if something happens to the car! "He got me the checkbook and paid the car there. I accompanied him to his house and I went to the office by taxi. "

Delays in delivery: "In all countries there is a delay of about two years to deliver a Ferrari, but we have a special arrangement with Maranello and can deliver in six months. Clear that many deliveries are delayed by the reluctance of the client. There are some that come with the check and say, 'I want a 430 red' and ready. Others spend months on doubt about the equipment, color and trim. The options are many and some even I must admit that they are ridiculous, like the fire extinguisher which is worth 800 euros to have the Cavallino Rampante. Anyone knows that a fire extinguisher available in Warnes for 50 pesos, but there are many who pay the same Cavallino. The same applies to remember that chapita championship winning Ferrari Formula 1: it is optional, costs 500 euros and the majority of the customers in charge. Until 2000, radio was also optional. Now comes ".

Special models: "More or less every ten years, Ferrari is launching a special model, such as the F40, the F50 and F60 or Enzo. The Enzo Ferrari was the most expensive that I sold so far: $ 1.5 million. Will now present the F70 and all units will be produced were sold even before it is published the first photo of the car. Nobody knows how it's going to be, but the F70 has a huge waiting list if any of buyers regret. Of the F50 were produced only 499 copies. 500 were not made by a cabal of old Enzo Ferrari. He said that he had never produced in round numbers, so people wonder why most of the car and talk. The 499 number F50 handed to us that sell in Argentina. A customer's reservation 600 thousand dollars and the next day a person called us from Germany by providing $ 1.2 million for the car. I wanted to die, but he finished serving customer Argentine. "

Ferrari California: "In July we will present the new Ferrari California, which is a revolutionary model. It is a car for use every day. In Maranello realized it had emerged a new kind of audience, the youngest, who just wants to have a car in his garage, but who wants that car is a Ferrari. California is for them. " Prohibited to advertise: "That that Ferrari does not advertise is no myth. We got forbidden by contract. I am a friend of the organizer of the Palermo Polo Open, which paid for many brands present their case. My friend gave me offer some free Ferrari, but I had to say no. I had been punished in Maranello. If you wanted to take the car, I had to pay. Sounds weird, I know, but the Jockey Club of England will pay 100 thousand dollars a Ferrari representative in London to expose their cars every year in the Ferrari Derby. Our only advertising investment is every 15 days, when the Scuderia is Formula 1. "

Merchandising: "Fortunately I do not sell only Ferrari, but I would die of hunger. We also sell motorcycles, helicopters and boats, to make McDonald's style combos. We already have six clients that we bought Ferrari helicopters with an average of two million dollars. Ted Turner bought us a helicopter, 10 million dollars to your field of Patagonia. But a major source of income comes from the sale of merchandise. Was surprised how many people die because of an original hat Ferrari. Are not cheap and are available at The Salt trout for five pesos, but the fan just wants the real truth. The last time we raced in the Formula 1 Buenos Aires bill one million dollars in merchandise in just one weekend. "

Ferrari Day: "Once or twice a year rent Buenos Aires Autodrome for customers to have fun while driving on a track. It is a private activity, which is accessed by invitation only, but also sell very well succeed. Pirelli gives her a set of tires for each customer. And one lab that will pay these dinners and trips to the doctors, now they give back in a Ferrari in the passenger seat. " The reaction of the people: "The caretaker of a parking lot once told me: 'When I see a client with a Mercedes-Benz believe that insurance is a Garcés. And the best lightning to him the car. When one comes to think that a Ferrari is probably also a Garcia, but at least has good taste. "

The wrong way: "I recently received a commission from a client I would have liked it to be my father gave him a Ferrari because his son received at the university. As it was a surprise, I had to take the car to the house of Escobar and enter a side gate. It was night and soon discover that I had lost. Was in the middle of a shantytown. In two minutes the car was surrounded by pibitos and thought, 'mmmh, can I get out of here? ". That appeared in a groncho height of two meters and I thought: 'mmmh, I do not think that from here out. The guy told me the way and when booting I said, 'Wait, let me climb. And there it I thought: 'Do not leave! ". The man offered to accompany me as custodian of way and was happy to ride in the car. We had two blocks and said: 'So, stop here. Since I had no doubt that not leaving. Got out, looked at the car and told me: 'You got mud on all wheels. ¡Kids, come to clean the wheels! 'They got mud, accompanied me to the exit and I could deliver the car without problems. If that night had not been driving a Ferrari, I think the final would have been very different. "

0 comments:

Post a Comment